How to Use Your Custom Domain
Here's the detailed steps of how to set up a custom domain for your wedding website:
You will need to make configuration changes within your DNS provider's administration panel to correctly configure your domain's DNS settings.
- Go to your domain registrar's administration panel.
- Please add a CNAME record for "www" and point it to domains.weddingwoo.com
- Add a URL redirect from your domain registrar to point "http://yourdomain.com" to "http://www.yourdomain.com" (Explanation is below)
We have step-by-step instructions for the following domain registrars:
- GoDaddy Support Instructions
- Namecheap Support Instructions
- 1&1 Support Instructions
- eNom Support Instructions
- Bluehost Support Instructions
- Google Domains Support Instructions
Apex Domains (aka "naked" or "root" domains) are not supported.
So let's say you just registered "example.com". The CNAME record would be created so that "www.example.com" would point to domains.weddingwoo.com. But what about accessing just "example.com" without the "www". For this you'll need to set up a domain redirect so that going to "example.com" will redirect to "www.example.com". CNAME records can't be created at the root level. But, most domain registrars will offer domain redirects from within their administration panel.
Note: You may need to wait up to 72 hours for the change to the CNAME record to take effect.
After your domain's DNS has been updated, go to the Settings page in the Dashboard to tell us what your custom domain name is.
- After the DNS has been configured, head over to your Dashboard.
- Please click on the Settings button in the Dashboard.
- Under the Website URL label, click on the "Use a custom domain name".
- Enter the full host name of your custom domain: "www.example.com".
- Click Save to update your changes.
After you've configured the domain, try testing the configuration using the ' Test your custom domain' button. We will double check that the CNAME was created correctly.